Learn calligraphy principles using watercolors
In this 3 hour Workshop, I will teach you the basics of modern calligraphy using watercolors, we will go over helpful tips to understand letter construction. We will dig into the difference between lettering, typography, calligraphy and where does watercolor calligraphy stand. We will revise the fundamentals (anatomy and terminology of letters, etc.) to bring this beautiful – and very popular- art form into your everyday life.
The purpose of this workshop is to walk from the basics of watercolor calligraphy while working on a finished piece you can proudly display in your home.
This workshop has been a true labor of love! I’ve designed an awesome workbook, prepared supporting material and put together the coolest watercolor calligraphy kit (check what’s included below). So you can have the most amazing time and learn a new creative hobby (or business skill, you never know!). Join me and let’s dust letters together!
What will be covered?
You will receive one-on-one guidance during the workshop, and we will cover:
- The difference between hand-lettering, typography, calligraphy, and brush-lettering
- The tools to get started with chalk lettering
- How to season your chalkboard
- The basic letters
- The basic ornaments
- Shading and 3D effects
- Lowercase letters (worksheets)
- Uppercase letters (worksheets)
- How to connect script letters
- What is faux-calligraphy?
- What are flourishes and when to use them
- How to achieve bouncy lettering
- Popular chalk lettering styles
What's included in the kit?
If you purchase the option of the workshop + the kit you will receive:
- My watercolor for beginners printed sheets
- Watercolor paper
- Tin of 12 different watercolor colors
- Trace paper to finish your design
- Pencil and eraser
- Hand-lettered coffee mug for your water
- Letter size clipboard
- 12″ Wood Ruler
- Exclusive Hand-lettered pencil case
- Hand-lettered print with a name tag
- A hand-lettered tote bag to carry all your new tools and goodies
retail value $70
- This is a beginner class, so no previous experience with chalk lettering is required.
- If you purchase the “Workshop only” alternative, the only material that will be provided is the Chalk lettering for beginners printed Workbook guide, you will need to bring all the rest of the materials listed.
- The class also includes a 50% discount for one order at the HowJoyful Studio*.
- Light refreshments will be served.
* Workshops and Ebooks are not included
with this promotion code.
Please note that The Orange Space is located on the second floor, due to the historic nature of the building there is no elevator access.
There will be no refunds. Changes to the name of the student can be made up to 1 week before the event (In case you wish to give your seat to another student). If unable to attend we can also change the date to the next available Workshop date as long as you let us know with 1 week of notice before the event.