Date to be determined
The details for this workshop will be released soon, in the meantime, you can subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know about it.
What will be covered?
You will receive one-on-one guidance during the workshop, and we will cover:
- The difference between hand-lettering, typography, calligraphy, and brush-lettering
- The tools to get started with chalk lettering
- How to season your chalkboard
- The basic letters
- The basic ornaments
- Shading and 3D effects
- Lowercase letters (worksheets)
- Uppercase letters (worksheets)
- How to connect script letters
- What is faux-calligraphy?
- What are flourishes and when to use them
- How to achieve bouncy lettering
- Popular chalk lettering styles
What's included in the kit?
If you purchase the option of the workshop + the kit you will receive:
- My chalk lettering for beginners printed workbook guide
- 11×14″ chalkboard (not framed)
- Set of Crayola anti-dust chalk
- Pencil sharpener for your chalk
- Cottom swabs
- Thin brush
- Letter size clipboard
- 12″ Wood ruler
- Exclusive Hand-lettered pencil case
- Hand-lettered coffee mug
- Hand-lettered print with name tag
- Hand-lettered tote bag to carry all your new tools and goodies
- This is a beginner class, so no previous experience with chalk lettering is required.
- If you purchase the “Workshop only” alternative, the only material that will be provided is the Chalk lettering for beginners printed Workbook guide, you will need to bring all the rest of the materials listed.
- The class also includes a 50% discount for one order at the HowJoyful Studio*.
- Light refreshments will be served.
* Workshops and Ebooks are not included
with this promotion code.
Enrollment coming soon
Please note that The Orange Space is located on the second floor, due to the historic nature of the building there is no elevator access.
There will be no refunds. Changes to the name of the student can be made up to 1 week before the event (In case you wish to give your seat to another student). If unable to attend we can also change the date to the next available Workshop date as long as you let us know with 1 week of notice before the event.