April 28h 2018
In this 3 hour Workshop, I will teach you the basics of chalk lettering and helpful tips to understand letter construction, shading, and embellishments. We will dig into the difference between lettering, typography, calligraphy and where does chalk lettering stand. We will revise the fundamentals (anatomy and terminology of letters, etc.) to bring this beautiful – and very popular- art form into your everyday life.
The purpose of this workshop is to walk from the basics of letter-construction while working on a finished piece you can proudly display in your home. Whether you want to spice up your kitchen chalkboard, create custom chalkboards or just for the fun of it, I will help you be happier with how your letters look on a chalkboard.
This workshop has been a true labor of love! I’ve designed an awesome workbook, prepared supporting material and put together the coolest chalk lettering kit (check what’s included below). So you can have the most amazing time and learn a new creative hobby (or business skill, you never know!). Join me and let’s dust letters together!
What will be covered?
You will receive one-on-one guidance during the workshop, and we will cover:
- The difference between lettering, typography, calligraphy, and where chalk lettering stands.
- The tools to get started with chalk lettering
- How to season your chalkboard
- The basics of drawing letters
- Lowercase letters (worksheets)
- Uppercase letters (worksheets)
- Basic ornaments
- Shading and 3D effects
- What is faux-calligraphy?
- Popular chalk lettering styles
What's included in the kit?
If you purchase the option of the workshop + the kit you will receive:
- My chalk lettering for beginners printed workbook guide
- 11×14″ chalkboard (not framed)
- Set of Crayola anti-dust chalk
- Pencil sharpener for your chalk
- Cotton swabs
- Microfiber cloth
- Thin brush
- Letter size clipboard
- 12″ Wood Ruler
- Exclusive Hand-lettered pencil case
- Hand-lettered coffee mug
- Hand-lettered print with a name tag
- A hand-lettered tote bag to carry all your new tools and goodies
retail value $70
- This is a beginner class, so no previous experience with chalk lettering is required.
- If you purchase the “Workshop only” alternative, the only material that will be provided is the Chalk lettering for beginners printed Workbook guide, you will need to bring all the rest of the materials listed.
- The class also includes a 50% discount for one order at the HowJoyful Studio*.
- Light refreshments will be served.
* Workshops and Ebooks are not included
with this promotion code.
Please note that The Orange Space is located on the second floor, due to the historic nature of the building there is no elevator access.
Want to know when the next workshop will be? Just subscribe to our newsletter.
There will be no refunds. Changes to the name of the student can be made up to 1 week before the event (In case you wish to give your seat to another student). If unable to attend we can also change the date to the next available Workshop date as long as you let us know with 1 week of notice before the event.