February 17th, 2018
In this 3 hour Workshop, I will teach you the basics of brush pen calligraphy and helpful tips to understand brush pressure and how to draw letters. We will dig into the difference between lettering, typography, calligraphy and where does brush calligraphy stands so you can understand the difference better. We will revise the fundamentals (anatomy and terminology of letters, etc.) to bring this beautiful – and very popular- art form into your everyday life.
The purpose of this workshop is to walk from the basics of letter-construction to developing a balanced complete lettered piece. Whether you want to spice up your holiday envelopes, create personalized items or just for the fun of it, I will help you be happier with your letters.
This workshop has been a true labor of love! I’ve designed an awesome workbook, prepared supporting material and put together the coolest brush lettering kit (check what’s included below). So you can have the most amazing time and learn a new creative hobby (or business skill, you never know!). Join me and let’s letter together!
What will be covered?
You will receive one-on-one guidance during the workshop, and we will cover:
- The difference between calligraphy, lettering & typography
- The tools to get started with brush pen calligraphy
- How to correctly hold your brush pen
- The basic strokes + Practice drills
- The different pressure levels
- Lowercase letters (worksheets)
- Uppercase letters (worksheets)
- How to connect letters
- Popular brush pen styles
What's included in the kit?
If you purchase the option of the workshop + the kit you will receive:
- My brush pen calligraphy for beginners printed workbook guide
- Tombow dual brush pen
- Tombow Fudenosuke duo
- Crayola broad tip markers (set of 3)
- 0.7 Mechanical Bic pencil
- Tombow Mono eraser
- Paper Pad
- Printed guide paper
- Letter size clipboard
- 12″ Wood ruler
- Exclusive Hand-lettered pencil case
- Hand-lettered coffee mug
- Hand-lettered print with name tag
- Hand-lettered tote bag
retail value $75
- This is a beginner class, so no previous experience with brush pen calligraphy or pointed pen calligraphy are required.
- If you purchase the “Workshop only” alternative, the only material that will be provided are the practice paper and the Brush pen calligraphy for beginners printed Workbook guide, you will need to bring all the rest of the materials listed.
- The class also includes a 50% discount for one order at the HowJoyful Studio*.
- Light refreshments will be served.
* Workshops and Ebooks are not included
with this promotion code.
» ENROLL HERE «
We are so sorry! This Workshop has sold out already! Please subscribe to our Newsletter so you can be the first one to be notified about the next class! Thank you!
Please note that The Orange Space is located on the second floor, due to the historic nature of the building there is no elevator access.
There will be no refunds. Changes to the name of the student can be made up to 1 week before the event (In case you wish to give your seat to another student). If unable to attend we can also change the date to the next available Workshop date as long as you let us know with 1 week of notice before the event.